Introduction to Cold Process Soapmaking Workshop
Have you ever wondered how soap was made? Are you conscious of what ingredients are in your everyday products? Say no more! Heart of a Goddess is now offering an intimate, hands-on workshop discussing everything you will need to know about basic soapmaking.
During the workshop we will discuss:
- The History of Soapmaking
- Basic Chemistry of Soapmaking
- Step by Step Instructions
- Safety Procedures
- List of Necessary Equipment and Supplies
- Recipe Formulation
- Properties of Various Soapmaking Oils
- Additives, Colorants, Essential Oils, and Fragrances
- Popular Terms & Definitions in Soapmaking
By the end of this three-hour workshop, you will have gone through all of the necessary steps to make a three pound batch of soap to take home, a copy of our Introduction to Cold Process Soapmaking Guidebook and acquired the confidence to make soap on your own.
The cost of this workshop includes a materials fee of $35. All supplies, including base oils, fragrance oils, additives, colorants, equipment, an apron and molds will be provided.
You will need to bring:
- Safety Goggles
- Rubber Gloves
- Paper and pen or pencil to take notes
- An old towel or blanket
Please be sure to read our Workshop Policies.